Friday, December 10, 2010

Kopol Kavakeb Jones


This is Kopol Kavakeb Jones 
Hiker of mountains
Runner of trails
Loyal friend
He is so powerful, so strong and yet so gentle
He loves with all his heart, totally without conditions
He has many friends that love him
His original parents, Mahsa and Nader love him
He has lipstick marks on the top of his head from his mother Rachel
He loves to walk between my legs when I stand still
His brother Otis licks his face
He is always wagging his tail
You don’t look sick, you look tired
You don’t look old, you look tired
This is how I choose to remember you


You have never asked anything more from me than a safe loving home and food and my admiring, praising voice and a glance your way and the touch of my hand on your body.  Now you look tired and I have seen this look before from Casper and Buddy.  They were tired too and couldn’t lift their heads from the pillow but followed my every move with their eyes.  Last night as we sat alone in the backyard you asked me to take away the pain and clear up the confusion, I will do that for you.  Although it breaks my heart and grieves me beyond what words can describe just to think of this, I will help you.

Tomorrow Mommy and Otis and I will say goodbye
You will rest in place close to Casper and Buddy and we will always be near and even if you don’t hear us say it, you will always know we love you and we always loved you.
You look tired now, Boy.  But you always looked tired after our hikes and runs and this is how we will remember you, 
Kopol Kavakeb Jones.



No comments:

Post a Comment