Saturday, November 27, 2010

Family Reunion

Friday 11/26/2010

When Kopol was 4.5 years old he came to live with my family which consisted of my wife Rachel, and our dogs Buddy and Otis.  For the first few years of his life he lived with Nader and Mahsa Kavakeb, until they separated.  Mahsa picked Kopol out from a litter of AKC pups as a birthday present from Nader.  Life doesn't always work out as planned and Kopol needed a new home.  Long story short, we are the fortunate ones to take him home.  Nader and Mahsa are from Iran and "Kopol" means "cute chubby thing" in Persian.  He was that, cute and chubby when Mahsa entered the room and Kopol was the only pup to run up to her, "kinda sideways."

This week I got in touch with both Mahsa and Nader to tell them about Kopol's deteriorating health.  Nader lives in town, Mahsa in Dubai.  Nader and I arranged for a family reunion at Desert Storm park in Central Phoenix.  Nader and my family kinda fell out of touch and Kopol hasn't seen Nader in a few years.  This video captured that initial meeting "Family Reunion."

I should have taken more video when we entered the grass portion of the park, we let Kopol run around as Nader had requested "I want to see him run free."  Kope ran around like a young dog, not the 12 year old that he is.  Pretty soon a medium size black mutt run up to us looking for some fun.  What he got was Kopol trying to mount him.  That's Kopol, he immediately tries to hump anything on four legs that isn't a table or chair.  Rachel told Nader that we were asked to leave a dog park a few years back because Kopol was giving it to all the passive dogs.  Nader in turn told us that when he tried to get Kopol through obedience school it lasted 3 days before he was asked to leave.  Rachel said "just like that scene in "Marley and Me."  Yes, I see the resemblance, take a peek Kopol or Marley?

Nader it was so nice to see you again and I'm very thankful that you and Kopol had your reunion.  Amazingly, Mahsa is moving back to Arizona on December 20, 2010.  I will do whatever I can, in Kopol's best interest to keep him healthy for his reunion with his original "mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment